YOUR PRIVACY IS IMPORTANT TO US
HatWonders takes your privacy very seriously and we are committed to protecting the privacy and security of our customers.
This policy outlines how your personal information is treated and forms part of our terms and conditions. This notice explains:
- what information we collect when you are using the HatWonders website, or when you communicate with us
- how we use your information
- how we share your information
- how your information is stored
- our approach to sensitive personal information
- what options you have to control your information
- how you may access your information
HOW DO WE COLLECT INFORMATION FROM YOU?
We may collect and process the following information about you:
- Directly provided data: information that you voluntarily provide, for example:
- by filling in forms on our site, such as when you create an online account
- when you personalise our site with your preferences
- when you click on active buttons such as “Add to Bag”
- information provided for a specific purpose, such as requests for marketing materials, entering promotions, responding to a survey or when you report a problem with our site or contact our Customer Support team
- if you send us personal information which identifies you via email, we will retain your email and your email address to help us improve our services
- Automatically collected data: information that is created and recorded automatically through your use of our site and services, for example:
- Details of the resources that you access to visit our site (for example, URL addresses, traffic data etc.). This is personally identifiable information
- The type of device used to view our site, your device settings, and why a system error may have occurred. This is non-personally identifiable information. Your device manufacturer or operating system provider will have further details on what information your device makes available
HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION
We use your information as required to fulfil your orders, to provide you with a better shopping experience and, with your permission, to keep you updated with new products, offers and exclusives.
We may use your information in the following ways:
- For the performance of our services, or where we have a legitimate interest, for example:
- for the administration of the site, to ensure that site content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your device, and to allow you to participate in interactive features when you choose to;
- for every stage required in the fulfilment of your order
- If you have consented to receive marketing information from us, we may use your information in the following way:
- details of transactions you carry out through our website and the fulfilment of your orders will be processed and used to contact you by email with information about goods and services which may be of interest because they are similar to those which were the subject of a previous sale to you (however we never store your payment details);
You have the option to unsubscribe from our e-mails through a link at the bottom of every e-mail we send to you.
If you want to change the details that you have registered on-line with us, or would like to amend your subscription preferences or unsubscribe altogether, this can be changed in the My Account section of our site.
HOW WE SHARE YOUR INFORMATION
- We may share your information with our core service providers and third party platforms as required for our business to function, for example picking, packaging and processing orders, fulfilling deliveries, customer support, fraud detection, credit risk reduction checks, IT systems support, marketers providing direct mail services, and internal audits.
- Your information may be processed by a third party in order to maintain the functionality of our website and database. These third parties will only process your information in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998 (the “Act”), as amended from time to time.
- Whilst you are a member of our mailing list we may share your information with non-core service providers, such as marketing partners we have carefully selected to deliver incentives to participate in offers, polls, surveys, analysis or research, all of which assist us in enhancing our services. They are not permitted to use your information after you unsubscribe.
- We will share your personal information where we are under a legal obligation to do so.
Every external company we work with has a contract with us which clearly sets out our expectations and requirements in handling personal information and obligates them to meet these standards and those contained in the Act. Such companies may only process personal information in line with our instructions.
HOW WE STORE YOUR INFORMATION
The information we collect from you will not be stored outside the European Economic Area. Your information may be processed by our staff or by the staff of our suppliers to the extent necessary to fulfil your order. By submitting your personal information to us, you agree to the transfer of your personal data, its storage and processing.
We will keep the data which we collect from you on a secure server. Any information you give us relating to credit card details is handled by a PCI DSS compliant third party and encrypted using secure server technology. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access and require our suppliers to do the same.
Where we have given you a password (or where you have chosen one) to access certain parts of this site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask that you do not share a password with anyone.
SENSITIVE PERSONAL INFORMATION
We do not seek to collect sensitive personal information (i.e. information relating to race or ethnic origin, political opinions, religious or other beliefs, trade union membership, physical or mental health, sexual orientation or criminal records).
We recommend that you do not provide such information to us, but to the extent you choose to do so this will mean that you have given explicit consent (and we have accepted) for us to use the information for the reasons set out in this policy.
ACCESS TO YOUR INFORMATION
The Act gives you the right to access information held about you and for you to request that changes be made to this information if it is inaccurate or not up-to-date.
Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Any access request may be subject to a fee (as amended from time to time) to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.